Le dimanche 9 octobre 2016 21:11:03 Michael Osipov a écrit :
> > * Document Jansi's native support limitation
> >
> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6045
> >   assignee: - (reporter: Michael Osipov)
>
> Funny thing is that I have reached out to the devs of Jansi to fix some
> issues like have a default support for FreeBSD, even after several
> pings, no reaction.
>
> I am not willing to give people support for our stuff when third party
> components we use have issues and the authors of it do not react within
> months. [1], [2]
>
> [1] https://github.com/fusesource/jansi-native/issues/5
> [2] https://github.com/fusesource/jansi/issues/56
at the beginning, under FreeBSD (or any other OS without native lib, like
Solaris or AIX), JAnsi simply made the Maven run blow up: our patch was
integrated [3]

Now, on an Unix without native lib, not having a native lib does not make ANSI
color failure: it just doesn't give isatty() function to try to detect stdout
redirection, which even when available does not detect well when redirection
are used.

Yes, from a pure logical perspective, have more native libs would be a plus.
But this is not so critical.
Yes, JAnsi maintainers don't apply every PR immediately and it's sometime hard
to get their attention: hey, that reminds me some recent complaints on our ML.

JAnsi works well currently for Maven and for a lot of others: if you find a
better alternative, don't hesitate to point us to it.

Regards,

Hervé

[3] https://github.com/fusesource/jansi/pull/54