Am 2016-10-09 um 23:51 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
Le dimanche 9 octobre 2016 21:11:03 Michael Osipov a écrit :
Am 2016-10-09 um 20:41 schrieb Robert Scholte:
Open issues bound to 3.4.0

* Document how to configure Gossip

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6044
  assignee: - (reporter: Michael Osipov)

I am not able to properly solve this issue because I have no idea about
Gossip. This should really come from Jason Dillon.
I suppose we can read the doc and test ourselves
But apart from documentation, there was some complaints about some features
available in slf4j-simple that is not available in gossip: I don't know how
much people will really have such issue

Which are? Have you raised them with Jason Dillon?

an option I tried (and need to finish) is MNG-6093, ie do a little
modification of slf4j-simple to add color to the little necessary places.
Is such an option, which is not ideal either, better than changing the overall
knowledge of people have with slf4j-simple?
Any thought?

A very good idea. Having this upstream in a mainstream library is definitively boost acceptance.

Michael