Hello,

for over a year now I’m trying to help getting JUnit 5 support into Maven
Surefire. This has been hard since Tibor seems to be the only one maintaining
Maven Surefire and he had to come with other things.

For this reason I’d like to ask other Maven maintainers to help with the JUnit
5 support. I’m happy to do the work, but I’m constantly blocked by obscure
build failures which I’m unable to resolve myself or by lack of code review und
merge of changes.

- Work on JUnit5 support is currently done in the junit5 branch.
- I have drafted a Provider Lookup implementation in the junit5 branch, but I
don’t know whether it works because I can’t get the integration tests running
- There is an open PR to merge the master branch back into junit5 branch, but
it has build failures I don’t understand [1]

Please help!
Cheers,
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/165