Hello Tibor,

Sorry for the daily I somehow missed this mail.

> Am 15.10.2017 um 13:07 schrieb Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>:
>
> Hi Benedikt,
>
> I am fine now after my illness, thx.
> I am finishing branch SUREFIRE-1262_2. Just to add few more tests and then
> I will cut a release. I want to add a fix for SUREFIRE-1374 which would be
> fast to do.
> Then I am ready for you and JUnit5.
>
> I have questions regarding our JUnit 5 Surefire Provider implemented in
> Surefire.
>
> Is it implemented exactly in the same like the origin by junit5 team?
> I am asking because I saw the implementation made by junit5 team and it is
> not like our *JUnitCoreProvider*. This means that they do not map method
> <-> Thread in *RunListener *and thus the provider would not associate test
> report logs and Thread properly and logs will be mixed.

We imported the code from the JUnit project some while ago. They have in the
mean time updated their provider code. They are planning to bring those changes
back to surefire, once we get of the ground with the implementation in
surefire. So if you’re seeing difference in the implementation in surefire and
in the implementation in JUnit, that must have been introduced after we
imported the code.

> Next question is regarding the feature re-run. It also exists in
> *JUnitCoreProvider
> *and *JUnit4Provider*. Does it exist in our provider too.

I don’t know, need to check the code.

> Also we need to have a feature where JUnit execution is stopped which can
> be configured by *skipAfterFailureCount *in POM. We have implementation in
> Surefire provider:
>
> notifier.asFailFast( isFailFast() );

We have to figure out, how this is supported by JUnit 5.

> Regarding logger in forked provider, which has to do with parallel exec, I
> think the logs go to the dump file instead of reports file, because STDOUT
> is not wrapped in JUnit5's implementation and this should be called:
>
> startCapture( listener )
>

> See my questions in https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/
> 5258a22301977a7d1ee7276cdd81af7641f4f5ac
>
> Do we have integration tests for these features?

We only have very limited integration tests yet. I’m planning to write more
integration tests and work on the structure of the integration test project,
once the build does work again. Currently I’m unable to exec an integration
test on the junit5 branch. Once this is possible again, we can write the
missing tests.

Thank you!
Benedikt