Because i understood you talking about relocating ASM within Surefire here
in this thread.
It did not make sense for me since the ASM always has to adapt to a new
bytecode.
So you mean relocating ASM in the m-shade-p, right?

User's dependencies are loaded in a separate classloader, no need to
relocate (plugin's dependency) ASM in Surefire plugin because it is used
only in MOJO and the plugin's dependency is not loaded to user's tests.