Am 2022-07-25 um 20:54 schrieb Elliotte Rusty Harold:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 1:39 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de> wrote:

Enterprise customers are extremely hesitant to upgrade. They often
prefer to deploy a system once and never redeploy or change it ever
after. Many insist on the bare minimum of absolutely necessary changes
once they've got something working. I'm sure there are projects out
there building on Java 17, but I personally have encountered zero of
them. The projects I see on a  daily basis are a mix of 8, 10, and 11
with an occasional Java 7 project hiding out somewhere in the depths
of the enterprise or in a mobile app.

I can absolutely confirm both observations from $work. If the application works it won't be touched all the time since there is zero benefit. Same for us.