Am 2023-05-29 um 13:50 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
Hi,

I would suggest to create an umbrella project like:

apache-maven-project

on github and make it the central starting point for users... to ask
question (discussions) and optionally reroute them to the appropriate
github repos...

In general I agree to the tendency to use GH issues etc. instead of JIRA
based on the hurdles which exists (for a lot of reasons)...

I second Hervé's suggestion to write down the needed/practical steps ...
and start going...what about things currently in JIRA and needed to be
migrated moved etc. ..We have a large history in JIRA...

To fulfill the formalism (also have documented the decision here on the
ML) we should start simply a VOTE to get an in general decision about
moving to GH-issues to leave JIRA behind... (not about the details) that
can be done later on...(for example using GH discussions etc.)

afterwards we can decide with which project we would like to start and
fiddle the details.

Before we do that, we need to aggressively go through all tickets and closes issues which we will never address or are invalid by now.