Jason van Zyl wrote:

On 23-Sep-08, at 10:50 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
As releasing the stub plugins would increase their potential to trouble unaware users

How so?

The problem I originally described was about users that referred to LATEST plugin version and had the snapshot repo enabled. If we deploy the stubs to central, all users that haven't locked down the plugin version have a chance of getting the stub, even if they don't use snapshots. E.g. releasing maven-clean-plugin:0.1-stub would make the stub considered LATEST over maven-clean-plugin:2.2. I could imagine we would receive a lot more user complains then.

Benjamin