Personally, I'm +0 on the idea moving to git.    I really don't care one way
or the other if its svn or git.

However, I'm -1 to anything that involves pulling the code outside of the ASF
unless it would get the "blessing" from infrastructure and/or the board.   If
you want to invest some time/resources in helping them figure out what to do,
donate a machine to host the repos, whatever, I'm fine with that.   Knock
yourself out.   But until that is done and the repos can be safely hosted here
(or the board OK's endorsing stuff at GitHub), then I'm -1.

Honestly, I REALLY don't like the fact that much of the maven stuff is already
not in ASF (confluence and jira).   I am honestly amazed that the board hasn't
pushed that issue.

Dan

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org