On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com> wrote:

> Maven was the first project at Apache to use JIRA and though there was a
> great deal of concern/noise about using JIRA it ultimately proved to be a
> decent system and now lots of projects are using JIRA.
>
> I'm not particularly interested in mandating everything in Maven to use GIT
> but I would like to pilot the use of GIT as the canonical repository for
> Maven 3.x and wanted to see what others thought.

In my limited but positive experience, I think git is great, but it's
a big change for Apache-- not at all comparable to setting up a new
issue tracker.

Jukka and others have been making steady progress integrating git into
Apache infrastructure, but Subversion remains the canonical source
code repository for the ASF.

I'm +1 on a move to git that involves the infra team, and -0 if it
means going outside of Apache infrastructure, since I'm unlikely to be
involved if it lives somewhere else, and I'd like you all to stick
around. :)

--
Wendy