Hi I am trying to help some projects get into maven central, starting with LWJGL <http://lwjgl.org/> (opengl binding for java) and Jinput <http://jinput.java.net> (input abstraction, keyboard, mouse, gamepads, joystick, etc).

What I am currently doing is using the maven gpg plugin to sign and deploy but am having some trouble with those two steps being folded into one (trying to deploy using scp for example because the mvn invocation of the gpg plugin just hangs instead of asking stuff like trusting a host signature).

Ideally I would like to be able to use the maven ant tasks to first sign the artifacts and then deploy them using the artifact:deploy tasks. In order to be able to do this, I think we would need:

   *       a task for signing files would be needed (or at least a way
     to sign an artifact/file/files using the maven gpg plugin but not
     deploying them)
   *       a way to tell the artifact:deploy task to also deploy the
     existing signatures (this would allow to use the
     artifact:install-provider task to add custom wagons).

I think that adding this support to the maven ant tasks would go a long way to help deploy libraries not made with maven to maven central, seeing as gpg signing is now a requirement for this.

thanks for your help

Rubén Garat