Le vendredi 29 juillet 2011, Mark Struberg a écrit :
> > Is it as simple as that for all SCMs?
>
> Yes it is.
> Remember the old days: this is only a fix for a 'fix'. Originally the SCM
> URLs haven't been changed for child modules. This 'feature' only got
> introduce later to make life easier for SVN and CVS users (the vast
> majority of projects back then).
>
> What we now do is to disable this 'feature' (which now got a known and
> expected default behaviour) in some certain cases. Not more not less.
a property?
like we did for project.build.encoding?
this would be project.scm.autoModule?

> I honestly fear of doing some magic with the SCM Urls because those are NOT
> native urls but get interpreted by the SCM providers. Thus the 'url
> adaptors' would need to 100% match the specific scm providers. So you
> either ship it in the same build or you are soon doomed I fear. But as you
> need to ship that classes as part of a maven release, there is just no
> upgrade scenario and you would need to support sins for a long time...
if this gets into maven-scm, this needs to be a dedicated module, cross-scms,
and independendant from wagon-provider-api
And the upgrade scenario exists: you can override a library shipped with Maven

> The 2nd nice benefit: I'm currently digging into the attribute stuff in
> Modello. If this works out, we can use this approach for other long
> awaited features (like the mixins) in a pom-4.0.0 compatible way!
if you didn't see, there is a strictXmlAttribute configuration added in Modello
1.2 [1] to deal with attributes checks or not
I don't know how the maven.mdo has been configured in every Maven release.

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://modello.codehaus.org/modello.html#class_default