In XML Schema, these aren't 'comments', these are 'comment nodes' --

   <documentation>This is not the type you are looking for</documentation>

which is what I'm suggesting is reasonable, as opposed to capturing
text from <!-- Ceçi n'est pas documentation. --> comments. If I've
missed something I'd be happy to be educated.