On Saturday, 18 January 2014, Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> wrote:

> I don't think you want the CI element propagating. In the case of a
> multi-module project you're likely only to have one CI job for that set of
> projects.

But in the multi module case, the CI for the multi-module *is the exact
same* as for the children.

>  I don't think it makes sense to inherit this. In our lineage for all the
> Maven projects it probably would work, or be useful, to inherit anything.
> We need to define the jobs in each project and I wouldn't want to try to
> guess inheritance rules for various CI systems. We'll end up with the same
> nonsense trying to inherent SCM path elements.

I wouldn't do the path additions at all.

> So I would say close MNG-2807 as won't fix.

I have no strong view either way... What is the opinion of others?

> Mailing lists is debatable. I don't really have a strong opinion.

The counter-argument against mailing list is an uber-parent pom that has
its own mailing list for discussing what goes in that uber-parent...

I think modelVersion 5.0.0 should have an <inherit> tag for these things so
that parents can differentiate correctly...

Which now that I think about it makes me suggest push back to modelVersion
bump?

> On Jan 17, 2014, at 11:04 AM, Robert Scholte <rfscho...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Regarding MNG-3124 (Inherit mailing lists from parent POM) and MNG-2807
> (ciManagement from parent is not merging with children)
> > See MavenModelMerger[1]. This class extends the ModelMerger[2], a class
> which is a handcrafted class as if it was generated by modello.
> > It seems like Benjamin wanted wanted to change the default behavior of
> the ModelMerger for some good reason.
> > So it seems intended, maybe we need to dig a bit deeper to find out the
> actual reason.
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > [1]
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=blob;f=maven-model-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/merge/MavenModelMerger.java;hb=HEAD
> > [2]
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=blob;f=maven-model/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/model/merge/ModelMerger.java;hb=HEAD
> >

> > Op Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:41:40 +0100 schreef Stephen Connolly <
> stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Done... we are now down to 17 issues still in scope for 3.2.0

> anything

> if

> scopes
> for mojos