IIUC, Attic is not intended for projects which still have active users
and thus might be in need of fixing bugs.

Key items about moving project to Attic:
> It is not intended to:
> - Rebuild community
> - Make bugfixes
> - Make releases

>Projects whose PMC are unable to muster 3 votes for a release, who have no
>active committers or are unable to fulfill their reporting duties to the board
>are all good candidates for the Attic.

As a D2iQ employee, I can say that if we find a bug critical for our
customers, we will be interested in fixing that. Should the project be
moved into Attic, the fix will be present only in forks (which might
mean our internal forks).

I could imagine that other entities and people using Mesos are in a
similar position with regards to bugfixes.
If this is true, then moving the project to Attic in the near future
is not a proper solution to the issue of insufficient bandwidth of the
active PMC members/chair.

---
A long-term future of the project is a different story, which, in my
personal view, will "end" either in moving the project into Attic or
in shifting the project direction from what it used to be in the
recent few years to something substantially different. IMO, this
requires a  _separate_ discussion.

Damien's questions sound like a good starting point for that
discussion, I'll try to answer them from my committer/PMC member
perspective when I have enough time.