Github user merrimanr commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/308

    @james-sirota You are correct about changes on the Ansible side.  There are
steps where HDFS directories are created and grok pattern files written that
are not necessary anymore.  I removed those steps from the scripts and tested
it in quick-dev.

    Are there any other cleanup items for metron-deployment?  Fortunately no
major changes were required for Ansible since the deployment process is
decoupled from topology configuration (as long as they are Zookeeper configs).
Only the format of the json and the serde logic in the parser were changed.  I
completely agree though, would be good to have a few people run this up and
test it.

---
with INFRA.
---