Github user mattf-horton commented on the issue:
    And one last, doubtless unwelcome :-) thought --
    You mentioned regarding line 68 in GrokParser (referring to
parserConfig.get("timestampField")), that the timestampField is in the
configuration, but "represents the primary timestamp field of the message
that's formatted downstream in the parser".
    So, does the timestampField in the parserConfig get changed with every
message?  If so, will we end up re-loading the grokPattern on every message?
    I hope not, obviously, but thought I'd better ask.  Thanks.

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.