-1 as I afraid it may violate "Apache Way". Microsoft is going to buy
GitHub. What happens to Apache histories if one day he decided to drop
GitHub data including Apache projects histories?! or decided to change
usage license or payment?! and etc!

However, I found it seems was legally OK in 2016 [1] BUT I think we must
ask again also "general@incubator and/or community@apache and/or board
rather than at legal-discuss" [1]. (at least informs them about the
state of the art).

I don't think we need to worry about Microsoft buying Github at the moment and this should also not affect this discussion. If Apache becomes unhappy with github at some point in time, we can just move the code (to which github does not have any claims) someplace else.

-sebastian