* I personally don't like the idea that comittership status is decided in a
closed mail list. This is not the transparency level that I would expect in
an open source project. I'm happy to receive feedback from others that
might be opposed to my application for committer to know what things could
be improved to get there. I have been doing a plethora of contributions to
the project over a year including ARM support, Android and CI, obviously
some of this work together with my team at Amazon (@lebeg,
@KellenSunderland, @marcoabreu). I don't have visibility on how much longer
one has to wait, or what needs to be improved to get there.

* My team is on-call for CI / CD which is also sponsored by us. To fix
problems promptly we would need write permissions to the repository. This
would normal in any other project, be open source or corporate. I think
it's not effective to be on-call when you can't submit critical fixes and
wait days for a CR. Basically I think everyone responsible or involved in
CI should have access rights. As you know, testing our project is a
challenging task for reasons discussed before.

Please comitters and mentors, provide a solution that allows us to work
more effectively and move the project forward faster, as is vital to make
it easier to contribute so we can attract more users.

Pedro.