Hi,

We can have a separate discussion on whether this was a friendly way to
bring this up or not,
but I don't see why we shouldn't roll back, share design on dev, fix the
bug and add performance benchmarking results and call for reviews on
a new PR. This seems to be a big change which was introduced and I have
seen Eric himself rolling back PRs
for big changes which happen to have a regression or insufficient tests. To
quote Eric from here
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/8010 : "Roll
back is always better than fix forward."
I agree with Marco that we should abide by the rules which we set for other
contributors.
If the argument is that users depend on the change since it has been
introduced a few days ago, then the assumption with depending on the master
is always that it is bleeding edge and things can break.

Anirudh