-1

We had such a thing before and people asked for the mails to be redirected
to a different list commits@ because of the flood of mails.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8b834e39110381fadb8a0ab59185a8f52b8406247a1f281f7d691392@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

I don't know if people have a sense of the volume of mails this can add
here. Here's the stats from the commits@ email list we have. I'd be curious
to see how many subscribers we have to that. Hopefully the people voting +1
here subscribed to that :)

2018 June: 4617
2018 July: (half a month) 3106
(Source of the numbers are here
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?comm...@mxnet.apache.org:2018-7)

@Joshua: yes we need to bring 'valuable' (emphasis mine) discussion to a
centralized place @dev. Does everything needs to be sent to dev@. For
example, consider these recent PRs, why is it necessary for them to be
forwarded to dev@?

fix flaky test test_operator_gpu.test_countsketch:
Update PyPI version number:
Fix file name creation for Windows:
[MXNET-8230] test_operator_gpu.test_rms fails:

If people are forced to setup filters to parse these mails, then we are
*ensuring* people don't get their eyes on valuable discussions on dev@.

Regards,
Rahul

--