Can't you simply tell contributors to discuss changes on dev before submitting
a PR? Since the contribution guidelines don't tell developers to post to dev,
why would you expect them to do that?

Is there an easy way to just subscribe to PR notifications or will someone have
to write a filter to avoid spamming dev with all GitHub notifications? I think
that if dev gets too much traffic, then people with casual interest may find it
easier to unsubscribe than to set up filters. Once someone unsubscribes, they
probably won't be coming back soon, so you should be very careful with this.

I don't see why artificially increasing the traffic on dev will do anything to
grow the community in any case.

- C