Hi Eike, *,

Am Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010, 16:53:39 schrieb Eike Rathke:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Saturday, 2010-10-16 15:17:07 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> > if "LibreOffice" is a "competing product", so is Oracle Open Office,
> > and so is OOo4Kids. Maybe even OpenOffice.org Portable. If we remove
> > all of those people, nobody's left in the Council...
>
> I beg to differ. None of them claims to be "the next evolution" of OOo,
> as TDF does for LO. None of them is creating uncertainty within the OOo
> community as does LO. Specifically, neither Oracle Open Office nor
> OpenOffice.org Portable forked the OOo code base and project for their
> product as did LO.

maybe OOoPortable doesn't change the source code, but it changes the liberies
and the
configuration files and their structure. The product came with a different
splash
screen. For this reasons the portable project needs the agreement from Oracle
to use
the trademark OOo for the product. But no one could get this agreement up to
now. I
pointed this out in my talk at the OOoCon in Budapest and discussed about this
issue
to Martin (without a doable solution).

If you look in the same harsch way on OOoPortable as you look on LibreOffice,
you may
also think of it as a competitor.
And you can do the same with OOo4Kids, which is as far as I know creating
significant
changes to the code. If I remember correctly they have also a foundation or an
association for that project/product.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Content Developer OpenOffice.org: lang/DE
## Freie Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris