I just tried to build NB from source using the latest from the master branch.
Before I start polluting JIRA with these I thought I'd run them by the group in
the event I'm missing something obvious:

Splash screen says NetBeans 10 and remains effectively illegible on a basic
1920x1080 display.

Upon startup nothing is activated not even Java SE.

Java SE activated successfully.

Java Web and EE comes up requiring the Oracle js parser. I find this puzzling.

Unable to connect to the NetBeans Plugin Portal because of
http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/pluginportal/data/latest/catalog-experimental.xml.gz
Therefore I cannot get the Oracle JS parse. As the error suggested a possible
proxy or firewall problem I set it to no proxy and turned off my firewall. No
difference.

Received suggestion to install nb-javac. It too fails to connect to wherever
this plugin should come from.

I could get it run a Hello World. It reminded that there was a JIRA to file,
that I did under Trivial, to get rid of the comment "To change this licence
header..." for all new java files. Please imagine me swearing under my breath
every time I create a new file. Yes, I can easily fix it but many don't even
when instructed to. Grumble, grumble . . .

Thank you for indulging me.

Ken