But all these things are true whether you build NetBeans yourself or
whether you run NetBeans after downloading and running the binary from the
Download page, right? I mean, if you can't connect to an update center to
get nb-javac or the Nashorn parser in your own built NetBeans, you can't do
it either from the NetBeans that is pre-built for you?

And, yes, nothing is enabled until you start using it, which is always the
case and has always been the case.

Gj