On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 10:43, Geertjan Wielenga <geert...@apache.org> wrote:
> Can someone -- preferably Eric, Neil, Laszlo, Jan, or Matthias, suggest a
> way forward to get an update out, i.e., we could even call it 11.2.1,
> maybe, if we can't figure out how to release the two modules (what would be
> the problem with doing it as Laszlo did for Gradle)?

We can't do it as Laszlo did for Gradle because of changes in the
build system.  And in many respects this should be simpler.

We need to

* merge the relevant PRs to master and test. (perhaps provide nbms via
temporary UC?)
* (ideally) cherry pick locally and open new PRs on top of release112
(better than pushing to release branch IMO because of Travis, etc.)
* Merge to release branch.
* write the hash into the release JSON file (probably 11.2-patch1) and
trigger a build.
* ***somehow*** sign the relevant nbms.
* vote on source zip and required nbms.

There is one more potential PR for the patch update.  They all have
Cherry Pick labels on them.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Cherry+Pick%22

I'm happy to RM the process from point 3, but I'd rather the current
PR authors handled steps 1 and 2.  If I do, add me as a reviewer on
the step 2 PR when they're ready.

And we still need an answer for the signing part for 11.2 updates -
perhaps the web signing via Apache is the way, but I'll need to follow
up with infra.  Few suggestions for 11.3+ are great there but don't
help us with this update.

Best wishes,

Neil