If the Update Center is out of the question for now, maybe it would be feasible to create an offline update installer consisting only of a couple of nbms that need to be updated, that would update an existing NetBeans installation? Then it should be possible to vote for just for this very limited portion of the sources and avoid issues with early merging. If the installer is signed, there should not be any trust issues regarding the content it carries.

If this is hard to do, maybe even just posting the patched nbms somewhere and instructing the affected users how to replace them manually could suffice, given the NetBeans userbase profile, it might be acceptable to many.

Of course, both options should be viewed only as a temporary solution for situations where you guys really want to push an update ASAP. IMO, the end goal should be that any module that NetBeans platform can possibly live without, can be installed or updated from the Update Center by default, and the incremental releases with the version numbers would just include the most recent stable versions of those modules.