Von: John Neffenger
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. November 2019 19:30
An: dev@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Add an issue description template

On 11/6/19 12:24 AM, Christian Lenz wrote:
> Feel free to have a look/change it and maybe we can create a Infra ticket
> soon for that improvement. I think there are not that much concerns about it
> so it is good to go.

Thank you, Chris. What do you think about starting with the Java bug
report template that the JDK has used for years?

Report a Bug or Request a Feature
https://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/

I reproduced that template below in Jira notation, adding a brief
introduction. Just copy and paste it into a new Jira issue to see the
formatting (and then Cancel). I think it's particularly helpful to add a
link to the Jira Text Formatting Notation Help.

To get a template added, would I open an issue with the project below?

ASF infrastructure
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA/summary

Thanks,
John

_Replace the italicized text in this template with your own text,
leaving the headings._ _Add any log reports, such as the *UI Log* or
*IDE Log*, as *attachments*; please do not copy and paste them into this
description._ _For help with the formatting, see the Jira [Text
Formatting Notation
Help|https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects]_.

h3. Synopsis

_Enter a one line summary of your report here and in the Summary field
above._ _Please be specific._

h3. Description

_Enter a detailed description of the problem._ _Please describe only one
problem per report._ _For multiple problems, file a separate report for
each one._

h3. System / OS / Java Runtime Information

_Place additional system configuration information here and in the
Environment field below._

h3. Steps to Reproduce

_Describe the step-by-step process we can follow to reproduce this bug._

h3. Expected Results

_Describe the results you were expecting when performing the above steps._

h3. Actual Result

_Please report the actual results that you saw with the exact text of
any error messages that appeared or any trace information available._

h3. Source code for an executable test case

_Add the complete Java source code that compiles and demonstrates the
problem, if available._

h3. Workaround

_Please provide a temporary method for bypassing this bug, if you have
found one._