On Tue, 6 Oct 2026 at 10:58, Michael Bien <[email protected]> wrote:
> The minimum viable product of this is being able to add folders to
> project groups. As sub folders and/or as base folder of the group.
...
>  -  Another action with "add folder to pg" could be added too (this is
> essentially the core function where everything else is based on).

I agree with most of what you said.  Before I pick on one thing I'm
not sure about! :-)

As I said when pushing the fallback project API to NB33, I agree with
Jan's perspective that this could be an ordinary project factory.   A
fallback / basic project factory that allows for the user to mark and
unmark a folder as a project is a potential basis for a bunch of
things that have been requested over time.  We could have an inverse
action to "Open Project of Folder" that is "Open Folder as Project".
It could be used in project groups for the root folder, but such
folder projects could then just be opened in project tab/groups like
any other.  And as a standard registered project type, they can be
extended, hidden, excluded or reimplemented like any other.

> future / discoverability:
>
> Instead of starting with the "none" pg, NB could set the default project
> dir as pg root folder on first launch.
>
> more UI: the Projects view has a severe lack of a (collapsible) toolbar
> as used for the Debug, Navigator or Hierarchy views -> some actions
> could be moved into that. Toolbars are self documenting features.

Both interesting ideas to explore further.

Best wishes,

Neil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

For further information about the NetBeans mailing lists, visit:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Mailing+lists



Reply via email to