On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:25:00 -0500
Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@protonmail.ch> wrote:

> Yes, a [gentoo] tag would be nice.

Ok changed ^. I can remove packaging as well if needed :)

> I believe NbBundleProcessor would be the one to generate that
> Bundle.properties file.

Yes it does, but its not grabbing that other stuff. I think I need
another processor I am not using.

> Note how the processor is writing to StandardLocation.CLASS_OUTPUT. I
> assume you have a separate output folder and package that. Note how
> it also creates a Bundle.java source file which will need to be
> compiled too.

Yes for sure that was the first major issue I ran into. Some stuff
would not build because it was looking for Bundle.class. Thus I had to
dig and found the NbBundleProcessor. I thought I would need to make a
CLI wrapper. Till I learned about Processors and how to use them, and
it was very simple. Just --processor org.path.MyProcessor.

Though not sure if you can pass arguments to them if that is even
needed. If not, then I am missing some other annotation processor to
get stuff from classes to the Bundle.properties before compile or
something.

Either way NbBundleProcessor is not adding messages like the following
to Bundle.properties. Where NbBundle wants to load them from.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/core.startup/src/org/netbeans/core/startup/NbEvents.java#L73

They are totally stripped from the resulting binary. Grepping it does
not show them even in the sources. Same with 8.2. They end up in
Bundle.properties. Such as

org/netbeans/core/startup/Bundle.properties
http://dpaste.com/2XHMJXA#line-63
(temp link)

So this is looking in that file
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle
org.openide.util.NbBundle$PBundle, key MSG_start_load_boot_modules

Mine does not have those messages, and is generated from
NbBundleProcessor

--
William L. Thomson Jr.