Really 10 Weeks? 2 more months? I mean I don’t know it really, because it is a
huge Code base but im the future, my wish and I think from other People too, we
want to have more release cycles and less time between Releases. My 2 cents.

Von: Jan Lahoda
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 08:51
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Cc: d...@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [news] NetCAT 9.0 proposal

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:06 PM, Sven Reimers <sven.reim...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1..
>

> Is this only on 10 or with 10 as Platform as well (thinking of var ...)

My personal opinion:
-NetBeans IDE should run on JDK 10
-ideally it should be possible to have a (J2SE/Maven) project using JDK 10
as well, including support for var (shouldn't be difficult, see the jdk18_3
branch in the official repository; depends on whether we can add a feature
like this at this stage).
-the NetBeans IDE itself can't use JDK 9/10 features, as it still should
run on JDK 8.
-for applications based on NetBeans platform, the build system currently
does not (AFAIK) support JDK 9/10, but if someone wanted to work on that, I
think it would be useful.

Jan