I know exactly what you mean, but I don’t mean the release of NB 9, I mean all
other Releases. Often you have to wait 6 months or more for new Features etc.
The community you can see it in slack, Twitter, Facebook asking for when will
it be done, when is JS coming, when will we have better release cycles or new
Features that other IDEs or Editors already have since ages (I know it is a bit
exaggerated but it should be clear, what I mean). Those Things are real
Problems too, not only for the current release.

NetBeans often lacks behind Features. No Vue Support, no full real Angular 2
Support, a lot of stuff that was not working under Oracle, often this is not
possible with 3rd Party Plugins, because of the private APIs or whatever (See
the Angular 2 template stuff inside html files or KendoUI Support, what
Geertjan started, which is not possible anymore to work with, because it is not
a friend plugin anymore). And if you compare NetBeans with big competitors like
IntelliJ/PHPStorm/WebStorm or Eclipse or VS Code, we must Change smth, we have
to.

I don’t mean, that we have to have this politics like: Get Things done fast.
But I think if we have a better Pipeline and a better QA process and whatever,
that we can save 2 months (Remove NetCat) because that is not needed. 2 Months
that can save time from maybe 6 Months + 2 Months NetCat to only 6 or less. I
prefer 3 months too, as we can see it now, we have some new PRs and sure we
will have more and more. People are waiting for new stuff, etc. And as I said,
it is not only about NB 9.

Cheers

Chris