De : Jan Lahoda [mailto:lah...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 23 février 2018 12:02
À : dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Objet : Re: launcher for windows and building c file

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I setup cygwin64 on windows 10. Thanks to your tips I update to i686*
> tools chain.
>  I add to static link libgcc, libstdc++ and also add -static lpthread
> to get it works.
>
>  Artefact are huge now but I was able test some code to check for jdk9
> compatibility.
>
>  The remaining issue are:
>  how  to generate the platform-launcher-9.0beta.zip and launcher.zip,
> how to populate the external binaries repository with those artefact

When I was thinking of this, I was thinking it would be in line with the Apache
approach to create a separate release with just the launchers (this wouldn't
quite require moving that ouside of the repo, it could be a task to simply pack
a piece of the big repo). That would be sources and convenience binaries.
Should be reasonably small. And when building the IDE, the convenience binaries
for launchers would be downloaded and incorporated to the built IDE. I assume
some work will be needed to setup such a release. It would be ideal if the
convenience binaries would be uploaded to Maven. Upload to the legacy binary
repository requires commit rights to hg.netbeans.org.

Are there build machines at Apache that have mingw? It would be definitely good
to have an "official" build.

Thanks,
     Jan