While we're on the topic, it would be nice if the IDE supported the latest version of Maven. Right now we're stuck using version 3.3.9. Newer versions prevent the use of the profiler.

Gili

On 2018-02-23 2:51 AM, Jan Lahoda wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:06 PM, Sven Reimers <sven.reim...@gmail.com>
wrote:

+1..

Is this only on 10 or with 10 as Platform as well (thinking of var ...)

My personal opinion:
-NetBeans IDE should run on JDK 10
-ideally it should be possible to have a (J2SE/Maven) project using JDK 10
as well, including support for var (shouldn't be difficult, see the jdk18_3
branch in the official repository; depends on whether we can add a feature
like this at this stage).
-the NetBeans IDE itself can't use JDK 9/10 features, as it still should
run on JDK 8.
-for applications based on NetBeans platform, the build system currently
does not (AFAIK) support JDK 9/10, but if someone wanted to work on that, I
think it would be useful.

Jan

Looking forward to an awesine first Apache NetCat..

Sven

P.S.  Is Synergy already hosted on Apache infrastructure?