HTML4J goes the wrong way in providing a migration path.

We don't need new ways to embed components into Swing. We could already embed
JavaFX stuff and now we can also embed HTML stuff (rendered by JavaFX).

We need a way to render Swing on a web browser canvas!

Then, after Swing is fully in the browser we can decide that instead of having
a canvas there just replace that topcomponent rectangle area with a div.

So, for new apps HTML4J makes more sense.

For NetBeans HTML4J only makes sense if we start a multi-year process of slowly
migrating to HTML4J and then, in the far future, realise we migrated so much we
might as well switch the whole main window from a JFrame to a browser tab.
  This plan would probably make sense in a corporation like Oracle, but will no
do well under Apache, also because we would have our own technology stack that
no contributor would use elsewhere. Mozilla also had XULRunner and people
didn't really flock to it.

--emi