From: Jaroslav Tulach [mailto:jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com]
Sent: March 12, 2018 11:59 AM
To: Apache NetBeans <dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Apache HTML/Java UI instead of ... Oracle will remove JavaFX from
Oracle JDK

> "Oracle has begun conversations with interested parties in the Java

> ecosystem on the stewardship of JavaFX, Swing and AWT beyond the above

The official announcement is here and people are finally starting to realize
the truth: There is no future for JavaFX, AWT and Swing. Nobody will sponsor
development of anything new for these technologies. Even if they get transfered
to their new owners, they will be in maintenance mode:
Bugfixes and little features. No bigger changes - no new rendering pipelines
using new nifty features of graphics cards. Just sustaining. I've been
explaining this would happen since 2012.

To help us out of this situation and save Java as a programming language I
dedicated my days to smoothing out interoperability between Java and JavaScript
with the goal to reuse the most flexible and portable rendering system of these
days: the browser. My work has already been donated to Apache, see:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j - let's use it to build new
features of NetBeans and other future Java desktop applications. Get started by
reading Javadoc at http://bits.netbeans.org/html+java/

Forget about AWT, Swing and JavaFX - the future is HTML. In case you still care
about Java, then your future should be Apache HTML/Java API!
-jt