I haven't seen any movement either, but I think that NetCAT was requesting Apache NetBeans specific Maven artifacts.

I don't know how Maven artifacts were generated in the past. Maybe this was done with [1] and [2], which I think are APLv2?

Would it be possible to have Apache NetBeans NBMs and third-party plugins available in Maven Central?

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/mojohaus/nbm-maven-plugin