On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 17:58 Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@protonmail.ch>
wrote:

> One person's 'knee jerk reaction' is another person's contingency plan...
> When did we decide to marry GitHub?

I brought up the concern early on about how much of the GitHub workflow, is
*usefully* mirrored in Apache.  And ironically, one of the reasons I
questioned whether all conversations should happen in the issue queue at
Apache (vs on PRs), which you didn't like, was for this reason.

I agree with John that I don't see a problem with Microsoft buying GitHub,
and you that a contingency plan / being clear about what we're using that
isn't usefully mirrored is a good idea - just no more or less than it was
before! ;-)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 18:01 Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This works, it seems:
> git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-netbeans.git
>
> (The URL I mentioned before is one used for viewing in a browser, not sure
> why the URLs are different for cloning and viewing.)

That's the same on the GH repo too though isn't it?!

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith