> -I am a little bit concerned about having too many venues for reviewing
> patches. It requires
> "reviewers" to monitor/work with several tools (it is hard to imagine how
> having multiple
> venues could speed up reviews, which is one of the problems we currently
> have, I think).

Depends if we think of it as community outreach. We could use much more Apache
infra and http://reviews.apache.org/ while also encouraging community
participation by accepting patches via GitHub PRs too. By the same logic we
could expand even more and have folks that follow other venues (GitLab?). Maybe
even have a process of funneling patches from GitHub into Review Board? Many
possibilities.

> -on GitHub we currently build the PRs using Travis CI, it would be
> unfortunate to loose that. Seems Review Board supports Travis CI as well - if
> we would start to use Review Board, can we please have that enabled?

Infra just got today Review Board to work. Yes, I also want build bots and
other nice goodies.

> (On a convenience note, in review board, a committer needs to download the
> patch, commit it locally and then push, right? Feels less convenient than the
> GH's green button; and potentially more error prone as well (although I could
> see an argument that doing it manually is safer).)

Yes, this is a bit more manual. Maybe some bot could create temporary branches
we could just clone? I don't know if something to help with this exists or not.

> (As a second note, frankly, I wonder if we really need all patches to go
> through a review...)

I also believe we truly don't. The Apache Commit-Then-Review methodology
https://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview makes sense
for many contributions.

Only the more complex things should truly need a review.

> I brought up the concern early on about how much of the GitHub workflow, is
> usefully mirrored in Apache. And ironically, one of the reasons I
> questioned whether all conversations should happen in the issue queue at
> Apache (vs on PRs), which you didn't like, was for this reason.

I think we were talking about JIRA then?

--emi