There are compelling pros and easily identifiable cons to placing UI
components into their own project.  I don't have anything to add there.

Please, however, consider a different name.  "Fluid Design System" is
generic to the point of giving no cognitive clue about what it actually
is.  And without that clue, it's no different than a shorter made-up word.
Also, a quick Google search doesn't indicate that it's an industry accepted
phrase that conveys meaning.

Consider:

Fluidifi
NiFi Fluid UI