Unfortunately this is coupled to the Linux kernel Bluetooth stack since it
is relying on the User Channel of the hcisocket which let's your
application (NuttX in this case) have a virtual HCI device and temporarily
provide it largely isolated control over it (you cannot scan from the host
anymore for example).
There is a good description of this feature in the patch that introduced
it. https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=137757846631034&w=2