Inline

On 02/02/2018 11:04, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
So it's not some SQL union but rather just a simple "OR" instead of "AND"
for some conditions.
Yes it's that simple, but between different fields.

I was actually thinking of this problem recently but not only for two
options but rather multiple options.
Nice, so we are not alone meeting this issue. This improvement allow the "OR" to be used between multiple (2 and more) fields conditions (even multi-select widget). I took 2 for the example, but you can defined many different groups, that can contains many fields.

To be more specific, our drop-down form widgets have an attribute
"allow-multiple" or something like that which yields a list of values. This
cannot be currently handled by performFind and the other related search
services.
I confirm that performFind works with multi-select fields, if *no specific operator* is set :

if(UtilValidate.isNotEmpty(UtilGenerics.toList(fieldValue))){
                fieldOp = EntityOperator.IN;
            } else {
                fieldOp = EntityOperator.EQUALS;
            }

The condition will be  EntityCondition.makeCondition(myField, EntityOperator.IN, selectedValues)

  So I think having an automatic "OR" on multiple dropdown values
is an important feature to implement and I would give that a +1.
The improvement concern OR condition between differents fields :)

Thanks !

Gil

On Feb 2, 2018 11:44 AM, "gil portenseigne" <gil.portensei...@nereide.fr>