I'll try to improve xml widget integration adding a field like :

<field name="field1" group-find-condition="unionKey"><text-find/></field>

WDYT ?

On 02/02/2018 14:16, gil portenseigne wrote:
In a widget form to "OR" a condition between x fields you have to :

<field name="field1"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field2"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field3"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field4"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field5"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field5_grp"><hidden value="unionKey2"/></field
<field name="field6"><text-find/></field>
<field name="field7"><text-find/></field>

You'll get

EntityCondition.makeCondition(
    UtilMisc.toList(field1Condition, field2Condition, field3Condition), EntityOperator.OR)

EntityCondition.makeCondition(
    UtilMisc.toList(field4Condition, field5Condition), EntityOperator.OR)

These will be "AND" with the others... (6 and 7)

Indeed that's a bit ugly... but that do the job, and like I said, it's a pretty rare need.