On 12/01/2019 20:56, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
It's awesome to revive this discussion Michael. +1 of course.

We need to think practically of our workflows though and whether we
want a linear vs non-linear history model. I prefer the latter to
allow proper decentralized workflows but it's up to everyone here to
decide. I think the overall process is described thoroughly and we can
adhere to it for the most part.

We can easily switch from svn to git without change own commit process on first time by patch application.

If a commiter want use merge feature, the squash function simulate the application patch.

So no opposite to move with this few remark

Nicolas