Sorry, I thought the word "outcomes" and other future tense sentences would
have made this clear.

No, this is not the current policy. My point is that if people keep pushing
things the ways they are these are the only two eventual outcomes. There might
be a few steps in between with this policy or that to try to define things and
draw distinctions, and complaints as different scenarios arise to question
these things, all the time people justifying their own positions and condemning
those of others.

At the end all we have is more and more restrictions until we end up with the
most restrictive outcomes possible, and the two I listed are the most likely
ones that came to mind while thinking about this.

Is that more clear?

-David