From: "Hans Bakker" <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
Jacopo,

You removed the trunk download from the download page which was there from the start without trying to get a consensus. Sure, if everybody thinks that is way to go, than that is it. However i think seeing the the history of OFBiz where the trunk was always very reliable and where problems were always fixed within hours, the trunk is very usable and people selecting the download page should be aware of it.

Actually the official Apache pages list this link on the central site.
http://projects.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html
So it has nothing to do with Apache policies.

Wrong conclusion, this is rendered from our own doap_OFBiz.rdf (in website) so it has nothing to do with an Apache policies. It still good to have it there. Those pages are not for end users, it's about projects, so fro developpers (no links to releases there)

So why not on the OFBiz site? I think it should be there taking the amount of changes that are applied to the trunk, showing the latest version is following the latest internet developments.

Further what you are going to do with the 'what is new' page? If people want to try it, where should they find the download link? And the trunk demo, how do they find the download link here too?

You mean https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Main+New+Features I guess? We could but a link to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Source+Repository+and+Access from this page.

Anyway there is a lot to do regarding documentation, see for instance https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index what about "Apache OFBiz official documentation." (ie http://localhost:8080/cmssite/cms/APACHE_OFBIZ_HTML), etc.

Jacques

So lets do a vote....and see if the removal of the link from the download page
was agreed or not.
Hans