From: "Scott Gray" <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>

From: "Scott Gray" <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>

From: "Scott Gray" <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Hi Jaques,

All the answers are pretty obvious (to me at least) after a minute's look at
the commit, but I'll humor you anyway.

Thanks for the answer, with humour is better :o)

On 8/04/2012, at 10:08 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Hi Scott,

So you committed this I see now

What did you not remove it?

I figured it would be nicer for users if we waited until after a release.

Is there a reason or only an oversight?

Do you mean why haven't I removed it after the 11.04 release?  Because we
haven't had a next release yet.

Ha I did not understood that. I thought R11.04 was the next.

Sorry I mistyped the first sentence, I meant that 11.04 has been branched but not released. Code shouldn't be removed until after the actual release.

Is it the only thing to do?

No, the property file also needs to be removed.

What about @Deprecated processEventReminder method?

Do you mean processWorkEffortEventReminder? Because #1 it's a service so deprecating it would do nothing and #2 only a block needs to be removed so why deprecate it?

No I meant: should we not remove also the
WorkEffortServices.processEventReminder() deprecated method?

Ah a different commit.  After the official release all code deprecated prior to
the 11.04 branch should be removed.

Should we keep EventReminders.properties file, etc. ?

No the property file should also be removed, I don't know what else you're referring to
with "etc."

Unknown, so I put etc. , ... in case (was not so clear to me)

So we will clear that with R12.04, right?

Sorry I don't understand the question.

Sorry I was not clear, actually forgot that R11.04 is not already officially released. So I meant rather "when we will release R11.04" and now all is clear to me, thanks

Last question, should we not have a list of such changes somewhere (in a Jira related to release?), or a standard way to find them quickly, or (another idea?)…

I should've added "Deprecated" to the comment on the block. When I'm removing old code I search for deprecated then check the revision history to see when it happened, would be nice if we included the date everywhere to make it easier.

OK, sounds like the best way indeed

Thanks

From: "Scott Gray" <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
The instructions seem quite clear to me.

Regards
Scott