Am 11/09/2012 10:30 PM, schrieb jan iversen:
Hi.

In order to make life easier (more stable) for translators, I think it
would be a good idea to "isolate" developer builds on dev. When we have
langauge packs integrated, then we could point to them from l10n, with a
thick note, stating they are only there for testing the language.

I don't know what you mean with this. But I thought of a page like the download/other.html.

It's to get more attention to dev builds. And a little extra "promotion" in the kind of a separate download webpage (that is seen by more people than the Wiki page) would give more chances for feedback.

However, this is just my opinion and I can live with it if there is no majority.

In order to make sure they dont get distributed "as released", would it be
an idea (and is it possible) to e.g. disable the actual "save" (not the
button, but the final write call). With such a feature anybody can test
(which is the purpose) but it cannot be used as a product.

Dev builds are different products. So, it don't get installed as OpenOffice but as OOo-Dev. This is valid also for the names or directories and therefore user profiles. No interference with the production installation.

Marcus