On 09/11/2012 jan iversen wrote:
Well I might have misunderstood it, but when I do a "build --all", I end up
with packages that I can install (at least for ubuntu), and they do not
seem so different from an official release package ?

We have two different kinds of builds, the "OpenOffice" builds and the "OOo-Dev" builds. See the note in red at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds (they are also called "with/without system integration" respectively).

And as I understand it, snapshot build (which is also a kind of developer
version) is made like an installation.

The package layout does not change, but the idea is that an OOo-Dev build (and 350m1, the one at the URL above, is an OOo-Dev build) can be installed alongside an existing version of OpenOffice, so you can install it on your machine and keep running your stable OpenOffice together with it. This makes it ideal for testing. In the case of an OpenOffice build, you can still do the same, but it's a bit trickier, like needing to use "setup /a" on Windows (again, see the page and linked resources for all details).

Regards,
  Andrea.