On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 01:39:59PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on some earlier discussion I think we have reached more common
> consensus that we 1. want release further languages for AOO 3.4 1 and 2.
> how we can do that.
>
> To make it more concrete I have created a new wiki page [1] where I
> would like to document the release process, the proposed release
> schedule, how the new translation will be integrated etc.
>
> The page is not yet complete and we can add further information on
> demand. Please help me to document the issues, references to
> dictionaries etc.
>
> I propose to extend the deadline a little bit to reflect the holidays
> and the new year's day.
>
> Proposed release schedule:
> - translation deadline, January 4th, 2013.
> All new translation have to be available as attachment to a new related
> issue for each language.
> - availability of 1. developer snapshots, January 11th, 2013
> - potential 2. developer snapshots, January 25th, 2013
> - GA, January 31th, 2013
>
> Any opinions, concerns or feedback? Follow up discussion should take
> place on the dev list only (the list where decisions are made).

It may be a good idea to build all languages, or at least those with 80%
of the UI translated, but release only those with 100%; we could leave
the rest in people.apache.org as unofficial builds (at least langpacks),
and point people to them instead of you-know-what http://s.apache.org/yY

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile